Protecting people, defending property, preserving resources
In recent years, wildfires have wreaked havoc across the globe, causing massive amounts of devastation and death:
- California, USA 2003: 15 killed, 2,200+ homes destroyed, 280,000 acres burned
- The Peloponnese, Greece 2007: 84 killed, 1,000 homes destroyed, 670,000 acres burned
- Victoria, Australia 2009: 173 killed, 2,000+ homes destroyed, 1,100,000 acres burned
Never before has it been more evident how vital early detection and rapid, informed decision making is to saving lives, property and resources when fires flare up and rage out of control.
ForestWatch® – developed by South Africa-based technology firm, Envirovision Solutions – is one of the most advanced automated forest fire detection systems in the world.
Combining programmable high-definition cameras and image processing software, the computerised ForestWatch® system uses a mathematical algorithm to analyse imagery of the landscape, automatically detecting changes that may be the first whiffs of smoke. When the system identifies a smoke, it alerts the human operator at a control centre. The operator can then use various system tools to more closely examine the problem area, and rapidly dispatch a response if necessary.
The award-winning ForestWatch® is a powerful decision support tool and early warning system that has been used with great success by governments and forestry industries around the world since the 1990s – protecting your greatest assets in a cost-effective and resource-conscious manner. ForestWatch® has recently been upgraded with enhanced functionality and features.
Learn more about ForestWatch®
- Why ForestWatch® is your best choice in an automatic fire detection system.
- A step-by-step explanation of how ForestWatch® works
- Where ForestWatch® and other EVS smart sensory systems are currently in operation.
- ForestWatch® success stories: Media articles and our clients speaking for themselves.
Alternatively, you can contact Envirovision Solutions for more information.