Envirovision Solutions is a rapidly expanding organisation always on the lookout for passionate, performance-driven individuals to join our team – in South Africa and abroad. The following career opportunities always exist at EVS so if you meet the requirements please email your CV to email@example.com with “Career opportunity” in the message header.
Senior C++ Image Processing Developer
EnviroVision Solutions (EVS) is looking for an experienced C++ software developer with a broad range of interest and experience.
The position is focused on Image acquisition from and control of HD Cameras in remote locations to a central database server. This is followed by presentation on multiscreen desktop machines, with image processing for visual fire and smoke detection using intelligent algorithms. Thereafter incidents are managed, logged and escalated to a web service.
The system is currently functions on Microsoft Windows, but the desire is to be able to extend it to multiple platforms, including Linux.
Self-motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously in relative isolation as well as integrating with a small dev team. “Can Do” attitude and ready to hit the ground running.
Ability to plan, execute, test and document software projects, and write well structured software that is easy to maintain, extend and pass on to other developers.
The position requires occasional travel (local and overseas) and interfacing with support and operational teams.
EnviroVision Solutions is located in Winston Park, Durban, South Africa, with a number of detection centres around the country and also has a satellite office based in Roseburg, Oregon, USA, with global clients.
If you feel you can make a success and a positive contribution to EVS, send an updated CV as soon as possible to: firstname.lastname@example.org
01. Strong C++ skills and object oriented programming with 5-10 years experience.
02. Familiarity with modern C++ standards
03. C++ development in a Windows environment
04. Familiarity with daily Linux usage and configuration (Debian, Ubuntu)
05. Knowledge of modern C++ libraries for the network stack for example Boost ASIO, Networking TS, or similar.
06. SQL Database experience.
07. Image processing experience.
08. Strong scientific/maths skills.
09. Open Source libraries.
10. Experience with version control (eg SVN, GIT, Bitbucket).
01. Embarcadero C++ Builder.
04. Video streaming and encoding technologies eg. FFMPEG, RTSP, H.264
05. ONVIF protocol for IP Cameras.
06. Experience with interfacing with GIS servers (eg Geoserver, ESRI) and querying GIS elements.
07. Knowledge of AI and machine learning.
08. Cryptography and security protocols.
09. Secure programming practices.
10. Experience with C++ programming in a Linux environment, preferably with the Debian operating system.
11. Knowledge of the Linux networking stack (IP, ifconfig, wireguard) and kernel headers.
12. Atlassian suite of products for documentation and project management.
EnviroVision Solutions (EVS) is looking for an operator in our Southern Cape Project.
Monitoring of Fire Detection Equipment and reporting of fires to clients
If you feel you can make a success and a positive contribution to EVS, send an updated CV as soon as possible to: email@example.com.
Closing date 30/09/2022
01. Good verbal and spatial awareness skills
02. Be prepared to work shifts and be able to function under pressure.
03. The Detection Centre is manned 24/7/365 days, per annum, for fire detection purposes
04. The Applicant must have a Matric certificate with Mathematics and Geography as subjects.
05. PC skills and basic knowledge of PC functionality
06. Be able to manage time and resources
07. Be able to work as a team together with other Operators and Management
08. The applicant must be able to make sound judgement calls regarding workflow.
09. Own transport will be an advantage.
Uplifting employees, advancing professions
Based in South Africa, EVS cares about improving the skills and education of previously disadvantaged local peoples, especially individuals already part of the EVS team. Our company is currently spearheading the formation of a professional body for operators who work with intelligent machine vision systems like EVS’s ForestWatch®. This is a move that will benefit both our technical staff and our clients! EVS is looking for a key training person who will visit the Detection Centers in the Cape, KZN and Mpumalanga. The Skills Matrix extends from the smart sensor and imaging layer in the field [including radar, weather stations, visible, near IR and thermal IR cameras] to the communication layer [including LTE, microwave and fibre networks] and the vision systems layers which is made up of both machine vision components for automatic detection and visualization components for better situational awareness.
The Professional Operators’ Association will differentiate operators of intelligent vision systems from the likes of CCTV observers – by highlighting the greater level of technical competence their job requires. This will in turn open a door to further skills development and career progression for operators, especially if EVS is successful in having operators’ work classified as an essential service with SETA.
With SETA approval, more funding will be available for operator training, allowing people to advance through different levels of competence within the profession, and improve their earnings. At the same time EVS clients will enjoy the knowledge that they’re working with qualified operators who have completed recognised, uniform and nationally certified training – and who are subject to the rules that apply to all emergency service employees.