Envirovision Solutions is a rapidly expanding organisation always on the lookout for passionate, performance-driven individuals to join our team – in South Africa and abroad. The following career opportunities always exist at EVS so if you meet the requirements please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Career opportunity” in the message header.
A vacancy exists for the Southern Cape Project and the requirements are as follows:
Area: Applicant to be based in Sedgefield or Knysna
- Assisting with maintenance of the existing Detection Centre
- Maintenance and installation of the new and existing camera/wireless sites.
Immediate availability is preferable
Closing date 08/10/2021 (Indicate on your CV and e-mail the position being applied for)
What We're Looking For
01. The candidate must be in possession of a technical qualifications, relating to transmission and have an understanding of solar powered hardware
02. Mikrotik hardware setup experience, will be advantageous
03. Relevant High Site work qualifications preferred
04. Be prepared to work overtime and fulfill standby duties.
05. Be prepared to work under pressure, without unnecessary time wastage when called out
06. The applicant will assist with the repair of PC hardware on site, networking skills are an advantage.
07. The applicant must be physically fit to climb masts.
08. Be able to function as a team member in a small dynamic evolving team
09. The applicant must be able to make sound judgment calls regarding workflow.
10. Own transport to and from work required: The applicant must be in possession of a code 8 Driver’s license.
IT Support Technician
Area: Applicant to be based in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga
Responsibilities: Assisting with general IT support.
What We're Looking For
01. Must have sound experience with IT support
02. The applicant must be willing to learn on the job
03. The applicant must be able to get to work, for overtime/standby duties, with his/her own transport
04. Be prepared to work overtime and fulfill standby duties. Be prepared to work under pressure., without unnecessary time wastage when called out
05. The applicant will assist with the repair of PC hardware on site, networking skills are an advantage.
06. The applicant must be physically fit to climb masts.
07. The applicant must be able to assist with managing time and resources and make logistical decisions, be able to function as a team member together with the Pupil Technician/Technician and not be micro managed continuously.
08. The applicant must be able to make sound judgment calls regarding workflow.
Uplifting employees, advancing professions
Based in South Africa, EVS cares about improving the skills and education of previously disadvantaged local peoples, especially individuals already part of the EVS team. Our company is currently spearheading the formation of a professional body for operators who work with intelligent machine vision systems like EVS’s ForestWatch®. This is a move that will benefit both our technical staff and our clients! EVS is looking for a key training person who will visit the Detection Centers in the Cape, KZN and Mpumalanga. The Skills Matrix extends from the smart sensor and imaging layer in the field [including radar, weather stations, visible, near IR and thermal IR cameras] to the communication layer [including LTE, microwave and fibre networks] and the vision systems layers which is made up of both machine vision components for automatic detection and visualization components for better situational awareness.
The Professional Operators’ Association will differentiate operators of intelligent vision systems from the likes of CCTV observers – by highlighting the greater level of technical competence their job requires. This will in turn open a door to further skills development and career progression for operators, especially if EVS is successful in having operators’ work classified as an essential service with SETA.
With SETA approval, more funding will be available for operator training, allowing people to advance through different levels of competence within the profession, and improve their earnings. At the same time EVS clients will enjoy the knowledge that they’re working with qualified operators who have completed recognised, uniform and nationally certified training – and who are subject to the rules that apply to all emergency service employees.